Susanne R. Mealer, LCSW
A Trauma and Dissociation Expert and a Licensed Psychotherapist.
The perfect combination to help you claim your life and THRIVE.
I’m Susanne R. Mealer, Trauma and Dissociation Expert and Licensed Psychotherapist. My true passion is helping people who have suffered trauma in their life in the most dignified and effective way possible. I have spent years helping people transform their lives and I couldn’t imagine doing anything else.
“I do this because I value people’s worth and their right to recover”.
I am a licensed psychotherapist and received my degree from Florida Atlantic University. I am also a certified hypnotherapist in the state of Florida. Having worked both at the intensive in-patient and out-patient level of care, I have years of extensive experience in working with clients who are dealing with issues related to trauma, abuse, PTSD, dissociation (including DID), anxiety, fears, phobias and depression. I have unique experience in issues related to law enforcement, fire fighters, other first responders and the military.
Currently, I serve clients in my private practice (South FL Center for Growth & Healing) in Davie, Florida and pride myself in being an out of the box type of thinker and therapist. My toolbox is eclectic and I utilize Rapid Reduction Therapy® (RRT) and Incorporation Therapy as well as hypnotherapy (when appropriate) to name a few (see TREATMENTS for more information). Providing a safe, caring, supportive but structured place for my clients to address what they are struggling with is very important to me. My job as a therapist is to work with you as a team. Together, we come up with the best approach and solutions for you. We are all unique and I believe that no one approach fits everyone, you deserve to be treated as the unique individual you are.
Experience at a glance:
- Intensive In-patient Women’s Trauma Program (Assistant Director, Clinical Coordinator, Primary Therapist)
- Neurology Practice – Director of Mental Health Services (pain management, depression, grief/loss, anxiety…)
- Acute In-Patient Hospital (Therapist, individual and group)
- Oncology (Therapist, individual and group)
- Certified RRT (Rapid Reduction Technique) and Incorporation Therapy instructor
- Qualified Supervisor for Registered Clinical Interns and MSW Students
- International Presenter & Speaker
- Best Selling Author
I had the pleasure of being interviewed as a trauma specialist by “The Couple’s Corner” about the impact trauma has on relationships.